Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

melbourne weather

things are bizarre in melbourne. one day i am all scarves and gloves and foggy breath. then the next (today) i get a bit sunburnt having lunch outside. in honour of this weather i have copied out the lyrics to one of my most favourite summery sunny day songs:

t-shirt weather, the lucksmiths

hey mike, you busy?
all this sunshines making me dizzy
went outside, all my clothes dried
and if i'm babbling, please forgive me
but its the first hint of sunshine
for a week or so, i'd say
and i'm keeping well, i'm in good health
but i sneeze when i look into the sun today

there's my bike looking dusty
the spokes are broken and rusty
but i'm happy to walk
i'm happy with anything today
'cause i'm out in the sunshine
while my friends at home asleep
i guess thats just the downside
to the money he makes and the hours he keeps

and i say hey, its a beautiful day
and i'm starting to feel a lot better
so wake up, wake up
it's t-shirt weather

ba-ba-ba how could things be better?
this afternoon in the pub I met her
'maggie may' on the juke-box
hey, things are okay
just two things she tells me,
if you want to keep things friendly
no beer for me, no peanuts, and i'll be happy
oh, and no football, well i guess that makes three

its a beautiful day
and i'm starting to feel a lot better
so wake up, wake up
it's t-shirt weather
its t-shirt weather

sadly, the lucksmiths broke up last year (it broke my heart, surely) but you can buy their cds at polyester records and from the lost and lonesome record label. and, trust me, this song never gets old.

1 comment:

hey anonymousauruses - give yourselves a name. a nom de plume, a nom de blog. it's more fun that way.